Monday, April 14, 2014

Achievement Unlocked: Security+

Although I tend to lean in the physical security direction, more and more physical security professionals are required to hold credentials reflecting the growing importance of network security. In November, I bought the Kindle edition of the CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-301 Study Guide by Darril Gibson. (Gibson's website is here.) I've obviously been quite busy since November, but I've chipped away at the book, and spent the last couple of weeks studying. This morning, I went to my local testing center to take the CompTIA Security+ exam, and passed with a score of 825 (the minimum score is 750, the highest possible score is 900). I'm pretty excited, but there's no rest for yours truly: my next goal is to finally get my Physical Security Professional certification. Just as my Security+ certification quantifies my network security training and experience, I want to do the same for my physical security background. My goal is to get that completed by the end of June, but I may try to give it a good push in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment