Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Netflix Phishing Alert

Fair warning: Netflix is having some security issues.

I still remember being furious in Summer of 2012, when a banner ad on Netflix was preventing me from seeing my selections correctly unless I full-screened it (which I rarely did because I was usually multitasking). I even called customer service. My buddy Chops, who helped to teach me network security, happened to be working for Netflix at the time, and let me know that it was a problem with my system, but that I wasn't alone. I finally traced the issue to my recent upgrade to Adobe Flash Player, which had somehow been infiltrated with some adware. A reinstall of the latest version fixed the problem. It's important to be aware of such issues in order to protect both your equipment and, more importantly, your critical information.

No comments:

Post a Comment